Instructional Technologist - Saint Mary's University - Twin Cities
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is accepting applications for Instructional Technologists on the Twin Cities campuses.
The office of Online Strategy and Programs plays a key role in advancing Saint Mary’s University’s growth in online learning, online program development and relationship management with internal and external partners.
The academic Instructional Technologist position is critical in supporting the design, development and delivery of innovative online courses and programs necessary to bring to life high quality, differentiated offerings supporting online learning growth initiatives and enhancing Saint Mary’s University’s regional and national presence.
Reporting to the Director of Instructional Technology, this position supports and consults with instructional designers and faculty in building and maintaining high quality, engaging online courses and programs.
Using tools embedded in the new Canvas Learning Management System as well as multimedia production and collaboration tools, the technologist implements course designs and revisions, assists with course setup for each term, and resolves technical issues in the design, development and delivery of online courses and programs. The technologist also helps develop resources and training for faculty and students, in addition to exploring new technologies relevant to the classroom.
The successful candidate must support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary's University as a Lasallian Catholic institution.
The selected candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Mission Orientation - a commitment to the mission of Saint Mary’s as a professional university integrated with the liberal arts and grounded in the Lasallian Catholic tradition.
- Teamwork – a creative, team-oriented, approachable, and effective work style that supports coalition building and earns the trust of others.
- Strategic Focus– expert planning and project management skills in service to larger strategic priorities.
- Gifted Communicator – a concise and articulate spokesperson able to translate technology terms and processes into understandable concepts for varied audiences when working one-on-one, in small and large groups, both on and off-campus.
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional technology, distance education, or a related field required; master’s degree preferred.
- Five years of professional experience in instructional technology, distance education, or a related field required.
- Applied coursework or professional certification in instructional design, media production, and/or educational technology is preferred.
- Functional expertise with Learning Management Systems and other Instructional Technology learning solutions with preference for Canvas experience.
- Experience in design and delivery of distance education courses, programs and services.
- Experience developing and delivering audio/visual recording and editing.
- Experience with learning analytics and UX principles.
Apply on our website at www.smumn.edu/careers and include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota seeks a highly qualified, diverse applicant pool and especially encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. SMUMN is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $1.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Twin Cities