Account Executive – KMWE Telemundo Minnesota
With over 62 million Hispanics, the United States is the second largest Spanish-speaking country in the world! In Minneapolis-St. Paul, the Hispanic population grew by 37% in the last 10 years. Telemundo connects our advertising partners to the buying power of this audience, while serving and celebrating the vibrant Hispanic local community.
KMWE is the Spanish-language home of the Super Bowl, Olympics, FIFA World Cup, and high-profile programming and news, and we are looking for a passionate and competitive Account Executive to grow results for local and regional businesses by connecting them to the Twin Cities’ Hispanic audience through our linear and digital properties.
The ideal candidate should be goal oriented and able to develop long-lasting customer relationships. This position also requires a person who is driven, accountable, ethical, personable, and works well independently.
• Generate new business revenue across linear and digital platforms
• Create and present marketing and advertising campaigns and proposals
• Manage and develop an active account list along with client relationships
• Develop new relationships in the community by networking, cold calling, and referrals
• Works closely with other station departments to meet all account maintenance requirements
• Meets all revenue goals and communicates activity and forecast with General Sales Manager
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field preferred
• Minimum of 2 years proven sales success; broadcast TV experience a plus
• Knowledge of media sales, media math and research a plus
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Ability to multitask, manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Great networking skills
• Solid negotiation skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with media software such as OSI-Adconnections or WideOrbit-Media Sales a plus
• Must possess a driver’s license with a good driving record
• Bilingual with the ability to speak, read and write in both English and Spanish a plus
For immediate consideration, please send cover letter and resume to Mark Overstreet.