Elevate Futures Talent Symposium
The projected talent shortage in Minnesota continues. It is estimated that more than 160,000 jobs will be unfilled at the end of 2024 in the Twin Cities metro area alone.
The Elevate Futures Talent Symposium will focus on the talent and workforce challenges in our region and explore the role Career and Technical Education (CTE) can play in addressing this gap.
Meet and learn from leaders in business, education, and the community who are looking for solutions to workforce challenges in Minnesota. The program will feature a keynote presentation from John Plummer, Senior Director of Manufacturing for Land O’Lakes and interactive break-out sessions.
Join us to learn, exchange ideas, and strengthen partnerships to develop a robust workforce.
1:00pm Welcome & opening remarks
Keynote by John Plummer, Sr. Director of Manufacturing, Land O'Lakes
2:00pm Breakout session #1 - select one session
* Tech: The new essential skills (Minnesota Technology Association)
* Local opportunities: Unpacking the Health, Human Services, and Business
career fields (Real Time Talent)
* Workforce Challenges in MN - The 'new normal' (DEED MN)
* Changing the narrative - Engage families and the community with CTE and
apprenticeships (City of Bloomington)
* Careers and Employment Opportunities with CTE credentials (Avivo)
2:50pm Breakout session #2 - select one session
* Best practices for Education & Business partnerships (North Hennepin CC &
* Local opportunities: Digging into the Engineering / Manufacturing / Tech;
Ag & Food and Arts/AV/IT career fields (Real Time Talent)
* Employment-based Dual Training programs to close the skills gap (DLI MN)
* Equity and Inclusion in hiring practices (MRA)
3:35pm Closing remarks and event wrap up
4:00pm End of event